AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some questions on this camera. First, I can't get a video signal to my display thru the HDMI when selecting 1080 60i or 30p, it works under 1080 24p and 720p. Is this not possible or am I doing something wrong or is something wrong with camera?

And along with this, what is the difference between the 60i setting and 30p setting if 30p records at 60i? Is this not the same? And what is the best rate to film at? The manual indicates 60i as the highest setting.

Next, what software would you recommend to edit and burn to Blu ray? I've been looking at Power Director 12 because is does everything, and the price isn't bad.

One other question I've got right now is, when you're out filming with this camera and I've been reading up on the convergence section in the manual, how difficult is it to get proper 3D with distance of subject to achieve good 3D effect? Do you have to adjust the convergence a lot or can you leave it at a certain position? One thing that I've noticed so far is the adjustments aren't spread out much on the dial, they go from .2m, .6m then jump quite a bit. A longer adjustment span in the first 20m's would be nice.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
There seems to exist some restrictions with the hdmi output with Sony cameras - for the TD10 that is even worser. I do not understand that really, because if somebody wants to use an Atomos Ninja2 or the new Ninja Baldes you suffers from such restictions. No idea why Sony has implemented such constrains - I do not see that with my Panasonic Z10K at all.

For 3D-Blu-ray you will want to record with 1080 24p - since that is specified for 3D-BD. You may not want to use 1080 60i or 1080 30p, since that is not specified for 3D-BD. For 2D the story is a different one.

To create and burn a true MVC based 3D-Blu-ray I still recommend to use Sony Veags Pro. Here you have a true MVC encoder (and 3D-BDs have to be MVC based) and not a multiplex structure as used by some other NLEs. And you can use the DVDA6 to create some menues, at least with 2D. The PD is a nice beginner software, fine if it fits your needs - then stay with that if it is fine for you.

How you shoot with the camera s3D - well there is an old discussion if it is better to shoot with adjusting the convergence to the major object in your shooting, while others say that it is better to shoot with parallel axis and make the adjustment in the NLE. You can also shoot with parallel axis with the TD10 or your camera (set the convergence setting to +endless), but be aware that you have to adjust the convergence in the NLE then in any case. I for my port tend to use the parallel axis shooting in most cases, since it avoids that the disparity becomes too high in the far-point.

If you do not understand what I am talking here then I would recommend you some basic readings about s3D - if you are a native english speaker then the book of Bernard Mendiburu "3D Movie Making" is great for the beginning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts