AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a couple problems with the 9700 and I'm hoping someone has the answers. Firstly everytime I reboot it the HTPC It goes into this black and white mode. I have to go back to repick my display as being component. Secondly The 9700 No longer plays MPG's through the file player..... No idea... removed the drivers, reinstalled, removed and reinstalled again, I dont know if possibly a file is just absolutely missing, a codec? any Ideas out there on these 2 issues?? Any help or possibly a direction to go would be GREATLY APPRECIATED :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi WayneH, I'm having the same problems you do.

After I removed my monitor display, my HDTV has been turning black and white when windows starts. What's happening is the display modes is defaulting to TV-out. What I did to get around this is create a shortcut key to switch my display mode to YPbPr mode.Shortcut key only works after you have logged in to your system. You can create the shortcut key in the display mode screen. If you plug your pc monitor back in, you can get rid of the black & white color. I have tried different settings in the display mode, playing around with primary and seconday monitors, but it doesn't seem to help. Maybe someone here has a solution.

If it just mpeg2s and dvd that are not playing, then this is because your hdtv is not set as primary display. Go back in to Displays and click on the little icon/button that looks like one monitor, the two monitor icon/button is for secondary display. You might have to unplug your pc monitor for this to work. You should be able to view mpeg2 and dvd movies now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.