AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I appreciate your help. Leaving money out of the equation due to some special circumstances with an NAD receiver return, can you recommend one of these 7 channel amps over the others?

Outlaw 7125 - 7 x 125 watts at 8ohms continuous

NAD T975 - 7x140 at 8ohms continuous

Emotiva IPS-1 - 7x150 at 8ohms continuous

I'm looking primarily for best sq along with reliability.

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
585 Posts
I really like the IPS 1, I had the opportunity to put one in my system a few months ago. It wasn't as good as the McCormack 125 w stereo amp I'm using for my mains but the center and surrounds sounded great. I'm 75% music but I do like the surround experience. I am waiting for the LMC 2, I'll probably order it along with a LPA 1 when it comes out. My friend who let me try his IPS is loving his MMC/IPS combo. Emo makes some pretty kick a$$ gear for the money. Bang for the buck is off the charts.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
I just absolutely love the sound of NAD. There's a fluidity to their sound that I enjoy for music.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the great feedback guys. Much appreciated. I'd love to hear more from anyone with experience with one or more of these amps.

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have had both NAD and Outlaw. I currently have the Outlaw and prefer it over the NAD, unless you move up into the Master Series. Considering one of the founders at Outlaw is the x-head of NAD, you can consider them very close competition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts