AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting myself Auna AMP-9200 amplifier and Presonus Eris 5 for my computer, so was wondering if my idea would be possible?
I do have creative sound blaster z soundcard on my pc.
Also could somebody tell me what kind of wires should I get and to where?

Any questons, feel free to ask :)

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Presonus Eris 5

2-way active studio monitors with 5.25-inch Kevlar low-frequency transducer and 1-inch (25 mm), ultra-low-mass, silk-dome, high-frequency transducer, along with a front-firing acoustic port for superior bass-frequency reproduction
80 watt, Class AB amplification; 102 dB maximum continuous SPL

--

Those speakers already have amplifiers inside.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Presonus Eris 5

2-way active studio monitors with 5.25-inch Kevlar low-frequency transducer and 1-inch (25 mm), ultra-low-mass, silk-dome, high-frequency transducer, along with a front-firing acoustic port for superior bass-frequency reproduction
80 watt, Class AB amplification; 102 dB maximum continuous SPL

--

Those speakers already have amplifiers inside.
Okey so does that mean i can connect them to my pc's soundcard without the amplifier? If so, with what cable?

·
Banned
16,231 Posts
As long as your soundcard has pre-amp functions. What kind of output connections does your sound card provide? Then look at what inputs your speakers require. Then get a cable with the appropriate fittings and connect them....don't the manuals for each specify the type of connector?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As long as your soundcard has pre-amp functions. What kind of output connections does your sound card provide? Then look at what inputs your speakers require. Then get a cable with the appropriate fittings and connect them....don't the manuals for each specify the type of connector?
These are the specifications of my soundcard:

Processor: Creative SoundCore3D
Inputs: 3.5mm mic/line in, optical S/PDIF in
Outputs: 4x 3.5mm outputs, optical S/PDIF out
Interface: PCI-E x1
Bit-rate: 24-bit
Maximum Sample Rate: 192KHz (front), 96KHz (headphone)
Warranty:Two years RTB
Extras: 3.5mm microphone

For the Presonus Eris 5 I'm not sure about the connections.. That's the reason why I am asking help in the first place, wondering if it could be possible to get them to my PC's sound card.. So any help here? :)

·
Banned
16,231 Posts
Well, you were going to put an amp in the middle so why should I expect you to figure something complex out like how to connect the gear you want to buy? Silly me. The 3.5mm ouput for L/R channels (assuming the other three comprise 7.1 output) with an adapter like this http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_...&kpid=100665&gclid=CIKo-oz5jsUCFRSUfgodPFUAUw

You sure you should buy this if you can't figure out how to connect it? What if you lose the cord and forget? :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reason is I can always learn, if I don't know something, I ask. Asking stuff I don't know is no problem for me.
Also I want to get studio monitors for my setup & the amplifier is something that I really don't need to have, but I will get if I do need it and in this case I'm really not sure do I need it with these speakers. (Presonus Eris 5)
If I remember right, I also said that I'm a newbie on this kind of things.
So.. Is the amplifier something I have to have or can I just forget about getting the amplifier & get the Presonus Eris 5-speakers. And can I use this "3.5mm stereo plug/2 rca plug cable" to connect them to my sound cards 3,5mm-jack? Or do I have to get two of them?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts

·
Banned
16,231 Posts
Reason is I can always learn, if I don't know something, I ask. Asking stuff I don't know is no problem for me.
Also I want to get studio monitors for my setup & the amplifier is something that I really don't need to have, but I will get if I do need it and in this case I'm really not sure do I need it with these speakers. (Presonus Eris 5)
If I remember right, I also said that I'm a newbie on this kind of things.
So.. Is the amplifier something I have to have or can I just forget about getting the amplifier & get the Presonus Eris 5-speakers. And can I use this "3.5mm stereo plug/2 rca plug cable" to connect them to my sound cards 3,5mm-jack? Or do I have to get two of them?
Its just nice if you would do some of your own research before asking questions, like about what you read and don't understand. RTFM is an excellent start in most cases. The FAQs here in the forums also.

Speakers/monitors are either passive or active. Passive speakers you need to provide a separate amp for, active speakers have their own amp.

Yes, the 3.5mm end of one adapter cable goes into the L/R jack on your soundcard, then an rca to each the left and right speakers....you may need longer rca cords in addition to the adapter or get an adapter with sufficient length.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts