AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Rotel RTC 970 has resurfaced in my basement, but I've got an issue I could use the forum's help with. My remote is not functioning, not sure why, but I've got a programable universal remote (B&K AV 5.1) that will work fine with it BUT...

When I tried programming in the code from the B&K manual it will only operate some of the functions. It will turn it off and on, and several other functions, but the all important volume control does not work.

Since my remote is not working, I can't manually program the buttons. Ideas, options?

Thx,

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
You need a real remote like a Home Theater Master SL-9000 or even betetr the MX-500. It has pre programmed codes that work perfectly for my Rotel pre amp.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply.

The HT Master 9000 looks exactly like what I have - although the looks may be deceiving.

What is even more purplexing to me is that some of the functions work, while most don't.

Any way I can verify the codes?

Thanks,

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BTw, I checked the HT codes against the ones in the B&K manual, they are the same, and programmed the remote. It turns off like it should, but the volume controls still don't work. Ugghh.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.