AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Denon 2312CI receiver setup with a 5.1 speaker system. My only 2 sources are a PS3 and a DirecTV box, both connected via HDMI. What I'd like to do is send the same audio from the inside to a separate pair of speakers outdoors. The primary point with all this is that I want to be able to hear baseball games outside too when I'm grilling or whatever. And also, music - I'm sure my cat is tired of me turning it up on the inside just so I can hear it outside.

I know I'm hardly the first person to do this, but I understand that there's an issue with outputting HDMI audio to 2nd set of speakers that I can't quite wrap my head around. And Denon manuals are crap. To be clear, I don't want a separate discrete zone as far as the source goes - I want to be able to hit a couple buttons and hear what is coming through the 5.1 on the inside on the outside too, including TV. A simple solution would be nice here, but I'm also not against buying another piece of hardware to make this happen. A discrete volume control for the outdoor speakers would be nice, but it's not a priority, especially if there's already a plug & play solution. Thanks so much for your help. I've learned so much here through the years.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Your Denon does not support digital (HDMI)
Signals to a second zone, only analog.

For your directv run left/right audio RCA cables
Into the avr in the TV section.

Do the same for your PS3.

No need for any additional equipment.
I do the same with my older Marantz.

Getting the 2nd zone configured correctly can
Be a bit tricky.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts