AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've come to this forum to see if anyone can help with a specific problem that I've got.

I've recently purchased a projector which has a design flaw that causes it to store frames before displaying them, causing a lip-sync issue, with the audio coming before the video. :( I would estimate the delay to be around 100-200ms.

Clearly, the fault is in the projector and I'm trying to sort it out with the manufacturers. In the mean time, I was also considering other solutions.

Are there any technologies out there that would allow me to introduce a delay into the audio path, which would remove this issue? My a/v amp only allows up to a 20ms delay on the centre speaker. Any a/v amps with larger delays available?

From digital satellite, I have Pro Logic encoded onto a stereo feed. I believe that I could use a 'standard' 2 channel in-line audio delay, that samples at 48 khz, delays the audio by a programmable amount, then outputs it. Does anyone know of a low cost version of this I could try?

Trouble is, that doesn't help for a DD / DTS PCM stream. I currently use a fibre link to my a/v amp, but I can use a co-ax to transport the stream - I wondered if an in-line delay could be used here? If so what would the sample frequency have to be (is it 96 KHz?). Any ideas of who might make such a device?

Help!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
That's a huge delay for video processing. 15-20ms is more the norm.

In any event, you need to look in the pro audio arena for digital delay lines. Try Guitar Center, Mars Music or Musicians friend.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.