AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to run the audio from my blu-ray player through my old stereo amplifier. The blu-ray player has the red and white RCA out sockets, and obviously the amp has the audio in sockets, but no sound is coming through .... Any help / suggestions gratefully received!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Check the manual. How are your video connections made? You may need to turn off HDMI audio out and possibly digital audio out if you want to use the old analog connections. The manual shows analog audio coupled with composite video. The problem here is you are missing the high quality of the Blu-ray audio if you only only using the analog outputs. You might be better of upgrading your old stereo amplfier...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by wessew10 /forum/post/20940073

Check the manual. How are your video connections made? You may need to turn off HDMI audio out and possibly digital audio out if you want to use the old analog connections. The manual shows analog audio coupled with composite video. The problem here is you are missing the high quality of the Blu-ray audio if you only only using the analog outputs. You might be better of upgrading your old stereo amplfier...

Thanks. I connect the blu-ray to the TV via HDMI, but am having to move my stereo amplifier and CD player etc to under the TV as we're downsizing. I figured it would be good to run the cable box, blu-ray etc through the stereo to get better sound than I currently get through just my TV.

I'll try turning the HDMI audio out off and the digital audio out off too.

Apologies for the basic questions, but I'm a novice with this stuff. Does it matter what setting I have for PCM / Bitstream etc?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.