AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a longtime lurker on these forums. I am wondering if there is anybody in the DC, Baltimore, Philly, Delaware, Northern VA area who is willing to let me audition any of the following:

ED; a5-350(single or dual), a7-350, or MFW15 (single or dual), or SVS pb13ultra, or any HSU of similar output, or Epik; Castle, Tower or Conquest.

I am just trying to get a handle on the actual output of these internet only subs. And it is great to read plenty of reviews, but I was hoping someone would be kind enough to share a listen on any of these subs! I was able to do this wonderfully with speakers last year, and ended up getting a pair of av123 rs850's fronts, and another pair of rs450's from someone kind enough on this forum who had rs850's.

I am most interested in comparing the pb13ultra, mfw15single or dual, and Epik a7-350. Im trying to focus in on how much slam I want, balanced with musicality, low frequency response and the mid and high response. It would be very helpful if any members would let me hear their setup so i can determine with my own ears which subs i prefer. I know rooms size and setup calibration varies etc, but I really just want to hear the differences in person before i pull the trigger on up to $1599 on internet subs. Especially considering trialing these in home and shipping these back is such a pita and very expensive.

Space and waf is not an issue. but having never heard any of these subs in person, and local dealers not carrying these internet only subs, I would kindly thank anyone willing to help me out!

Please PM me or reply in this thread if interested in helping me out! I can drive pretty much wherever in this area, and I live in Baltimore. Thanks for your help guys!

· Registered
4,633 Posts
I suppose driving to California is out of the question.
I don't have any of the subs in your list, but I know people that do.

I know I have seen members in your region, but not sure what subs they have. It may take a while before someone in your area see this thread, so you may have to bump it a few times.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha it's only out of the question unless you happen to own a beachfront house next door to say carmen electra, which sits idle and unoccupied 3/4 of the year, with a great ht room and would love to show it off for two months! I mean i would sleep on the couch, but you'd have to tell her that i'm your version of OJ's Kato Kaelin and I watch the house.

· Premium Member
15,712 Posts
I don't have any of the subs on your list, nor do I know anyone who does. However, you're welcome to come have a listen to my JL F112 pair. I also know guys with Klipsch THX Ultra2's and Hsu TN 1220's, (discontinued), subs who would probably let you have a listen. They each have 4 of their respective subs, so their systems are incredible. They both live in York, PA, (just up I-83 from Baltimore), and I live in Lancaster, PA, about 30 min. further.

Let me know.

Craig

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
terrific! i'd love to hear that jl setup. I was just considering adding them to my list. I was initially only going to spend $1000 on the sub. but now since im considering the pb13 ultra. I figured why spend that much and stop there lol...i'm in balt and would def come to lancaster.

· Premium Member
15,712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06lapis6sny /forum/post/15617971

terrific! i'd love to hear that jl setup. I was just considering adding them to my list. I was initially only going to spend $1000 on the sub. but now since im considering the pb13 ultra. I figured why spend that much and stop there lol...i'm in balt and would def come to lancaster.

PM me and we can work out the details.

Craig

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.