AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a longtime lurker on these forums. I am wondering if there is anybody in the DC, Baltimore, Philly, Delaware, Northern VA area who is willing to let me audition any of the following:

ED; a5-350(single or dual), a7-350, or MFW15 (single or dual), or SVS pb13ultra, or any HSU of similar output, or Epik; Castle, Tower or Conquest.

I am just trying to get a handle on the actual output of these internet only subs. And it is great to read plenty of reviews, but I was hoping someone would be kind enough to share a listen on any of these subs! I was able to do this wonderfully with speakers last year, and ended up getting a pair of av123 rs850's fronts, and another pair of rs450's from someone kind enough on this forum who had rs850's.

I am most interested in comparing the pb13ultra, mfw15single or dual, and Epik a7-350. Im trying to focus in on how much slam I want, balanced with musicality, low frequency response and the mid and high response. It would be very helpful if any members would let me hear their setup so i can determine with my own ears which subs i prefer. I know rooms size and setup calibration varies etc, but I really just want to hear the differences in person before i pull the trigger on up to $1599 on internet subs. Especially considering trialing these in home and shipping these back is such a pita and very expensive.

Space and waf is not an issue. but having never heard any of these subs in person, and local dealers not carrying these internet only subs, I would kindly thank anyone willing to help me out!

Please PM me or reply in this thread if interested in helping me out! I can drive pretty much wherever in this area, and I live in Baltimore. Thanks for your help guys!

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
I suppose driving to California is out of the question.
I don't have any of the subs in your list, but I know people that do.

I know I have seen members in your region, but not sure what subs they have. It may take a while before someone in your area see this thread, so you may have to bump it a few times.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha it's only out of the question unless you happen to own a beachfront house next door to say carmen electra, which sits idle and unoccupied 3/4 of the year, with a great ht room and would love to show it off for two months! I mean i would sleep on the couch, but you'd have to tell her that i'm your version of OJ's Kato Kaelin and I watch the house.

·
Premium Member
14,197 Posts
I don't have any of the subs on your list, nor do I know anyone who does. However, you're welcome to come have a listen to my JL F112 pair. I also know guys with Klipsch THX Ultra2's and Hsu TN 1220's, (discontinued), subs who would probably let you have a listen. They each have 4 of their respective subs, so their systems are incredible. They both live in York, PA, (just up I-83 from Baltimore), and I live in Lancaster, PA, about 30 min. further.

Let me know.

Craig

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
terrific! i'd love to hear that jl setup. I was just considering adding them to my list. I was initially only going to spend $1000 on the sub. but now since im considering the pb13 ultra. I figured why spend that much and stop there lol...i'm in balt and would def come to lancaster.

·
Premium Member
14,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06lapis6sny /forum/post/15617971

terrific! i'd love to hear that jl setup. I was just considering adding them to my list. I was initially only going to spend $1000 on the sub. but now since im considering the pb13 ultra. I figured why spend that much and stop there lol...i'm in balt and would def come to lancaster.

PM me and we can work out the details.

Craig

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by savefarris /forum/post/15618242

im in DC and have an epik castle if you were interested in trying that out

also would be nice to hear an epik! this thread is just starting to get going!

·
Registered
403 Posts
MFW15. Not sure that hearing different subs in different rooms will yield much in the way of performance, but you can take a listen if you want.

·
Registered
385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john /forum/post/15618245

PM me and we can work out the details.

Craig

Craig,

If he would also like to stop by and have a listen to the Quad Klipsch THX KW-120's just let me know.

Ryan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts