AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just got the Avatar 3D bluray DVD. I have a Samsung UN55C8000 with the Samsung BD-C6900. I also have the firmware updated on both. When I try to watch it, this is what Im getting...(Your Blu-Ray 3D player has not detected that it is connected to a 3D display). I've never had any problems with other 3D movies. I've went into setting on my bluray player and everything seems to be ok. Can someone please tell me what I need to do to get it to play?

Thanks, Jerry

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,

I've tried to update and it says it has the latest firmware. Can you confirm it's 1018.1?

Thanks, Jerry

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

I called Samsung support, they said there is a new firmware coming out later this month, to take care of the Avatar problem. Hope this works!

Jerry

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi,

I figured out why it wouldn't play. I have it going through a Denon 4310ci to get surround sound. If I go straight through from my TV to my BR player Avatar 3D plays fine. But won't play if I go through my amp. Kind of depletes the purpose, if I can't use my AVR for surround on Avatar 3D.

Thanks, Jerry

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrisoner /forum/post/19642315

Your Denon 4310Ci does not support HDMI 1.4

Hi,

Thanks, just figured that out! I used a opitical from the BR to the AVR. It seems to sound a bit different, since I can't get the hi-rez sound. I think I can live with it for now, since my AVR is only 5 months old.

Jerry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.