Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any help will be greatly appreciated...

I purchased a 1208 a couple of years ago and it was damaged during shipment. It took eight months to get a settlement... anyways... I'm finally getting around to repairing it. Basically, R and B tube pins were busted off and the neck boards were just laying in the projector after shipment.

Current state: I've replaced all three tubes with good used ones. I currently have two problems:

1- The blue tube seems very dim compared to the red one. Is this normal? Is blue output usually less? It is interesting to not that if I plug the green video lead into the blue's neck board (display the green video on the blue) it seems brighter?

2 - More serious. The green will not light up. I have had it lit up in the past, but I've just gotten back to the projector and it will not light up now. Interesting things I have tried. Swapped neck boards. All neck boards work on the blue or red tubes, so they are all good. I've also managed to hook all of the green's input wires into the neckboard and stretch it over to the blue tube. This verifies that everything up to the neck board is functioning on the green. I've also swapped around the red power leads to insure one of the distribution outputs wasn't bad. All pins seem to be firmly in place on the back of the green tube. I'm puzzled? Any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Good troubleshooting!

Make sure that the green tube doesn't have any bent pins, esp at the bottom of the tube where you can't see them. It's super easy on a 1208 to bend them when putting the neck boards on.

The blue tube might seem a bit dimmer, but not a whole lot. Chances are your G2 settings need to be tweaked. That's in the service menu.

Curt

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Curt. I'm actually the one that bought the red tube from you a couple weeks ago. That's the one tube that is working great, thank!

I checked the green and all the pins are straight. Two of the pins, however, are extremely loose. I'm guessing they broke at the tube glass..?? Do you have a green tube for sale? Any other ideas?

Regarding the G2, I have the manual and can see how to get to the setting. The problem is when I go to the menu, I only get the first page ending in "Run Time" and "Atigmatism"... there is no "More". Regarding the blue tube, the tube I replaced (that was broken) was a brand new tube. So it makes sense that the settings may be such to lower the intensity of the blue before it was shipped to me.

THX

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I am assuming you have the 1208 or 1208/2? They have the older way of adjusting G2 no LEDs and no service menu options as I recall. It is a very different procedure, I did it once but cannot remember the specifics now. If you have a 1208 or 1208/2 you need the service manual give the specifics.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the note. Looks like it is a 1208/2 based on the projector ID tag. Also looks like the manual I got with it is for a 1208.

Any info on the 1208/2 regarding G2 would be helpfull.

Regarding the green tube, I hooked a spare red tube up to it and it lit up... so it looks like the tube is bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.