AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am relatively new to the HT arena, and am having a hard time trying to figure out what cables to order to get my subwoofer hooked up to my system. I bought all of my equipment on a budget and have the following equipment:

Onkyo HT-RC160 receiver - can be seen here

Bic Formula F12 Subwoofer found here

As far as speakers I have:

Side and Rear Surrounds x 4 = Energy Take SAT Bookshelf Speakers in silver found here

Front Surrounds x 2 = Energy Take TWR Tower Speakers in Silver

Center x 1 = Energy Take FPS Center Speaker in silver

Speaker specs are in linked PDF on page 22 found here

I have not yet calibrated my system, as I am waiting for my sub to arrive. I currently have all speakers setup (center, fronts, sides and rears). I am just having a problem figuring how to connect the sub to my system. It seems that it only has inputs for speaker wire - My receiver does not have speaker wire outputs for the subwoofer so I am a little perplexed how to connect it now... I did see a picture of the sub somewhere and it seems to have some type of audio input in the back, although it looks like a 3.5mm jack so I dont know what type of wire would be appropriate....

I do not know if the sub has RCA inputs or not (as I did not yet receive the unit). However, it will be here tomorrow so I would like to be able to get everything I need to hook it up ASAP! Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what I should be ordering?

Also, my speaker wire is really cheap right now, would 14gaug suffice for my runs, which would all be less than 25 feet?

TIA!

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Get a Coax Digital cable from Monoprice (the length that you need), plug it in one of Onkyo "PRE OUT SUBWOOFER" port (see page 10 reference #18 in OM) and the other end in BIC Sub port (just below the Crossover Frequency knob)

And 14g speaker wire is fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts