AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am mounting a Sharp DT-510 to the ceiling at roughly 11' away from a 100" screen. The height between the center of the lens and the bottom of the screen, for this distance and size screen, is approximately 7".

From the ceiling to the center of my lens is 13.5". I have the top of my screen at 20.5" from the ceiling, to compensate for the 7" offset.

Still, my picture is distorted. There is bowing on the bottom, it looks as if it bows inside three dimensionally. The right side of the image is bent in as it goes upwards. And the top of the image is slightly smaller on the right side than the left. In other words, the picture is scewed.

As near as I can tell, the lens is centered with the screen. I believe I have done everything right.

I initially had my screen mounted only 9" from the ceiling (I have a ceiling height of only 7' 7") and when I mounted the projector in the same place, I got the same image. I figured it was just because I had the height problem and was having to tilt the projector. Now I don't know what the deal is.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I fixed my own problem with keystone correction. I've read on this forum that keystone correction is a deal breaker, but I see absolutely NO difference. So, using keystone is fine by me.

My issue is, no matter where I project the image or position the screen, I get bowing on the bottom of the image. It's subtle, but it's there and I think most people would notice. I certainly do.

Is this a positioning issue or a projector issue?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts