AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are in the middle of a kitchen rehab and other upgrades around our house. One of the upgrades is adding ceiling speakers, which are only intended to provide background music in the selected locations. Our house is relatively small (~ 2,000 sq. ft.), so I believe my initial speaker locations are sufficient, but I would like your advice. The 14awg speaker wires will be installed Monday, so I hope to get some good information before then.

The speakers are 6.5" and have the following description:

"6-1/2 Inches Glass Composite 3-Way, Dual Voice Coil, Stereo In-Ceiling Speaker (Pair) - 40W Nominal, 100w Max".

The following picture has round red circles where I plan on installing the speakers. I don't need any in the den since it has surround sound, with the stereo equipment being where the red arrow is. Are they decent speaker locations? I believe they will give us good coverage throughout the areas I want music based on where the furniture will be.

http://cid-3b0a636d27f9ce99.photos.l...s/Speakers.tif

Also, I have an older Yamaha RX-V420 receiver, so I was thinking of buying a speaker selector with individual speaker volume controls (as I don't plan on having volume control in each room. Is this receiver good enough for what I need it to do?

I would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Add ethernet cables to a future in-wall touchscreen, or keypad, location, in the kitchen.

Also, will you have a need for a LAN drop (or 2 or 3) in the kitchen?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts