AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put up the Channel Master antenna #3016 in the attic to get VHF / UHF channels. I live a bout 15 miles from the transmitters do C.M#3016 gives me a very clear reception for all VHF channels.

However, UHF channels are a different story. I adjusted my antenna so most of my UHF channels came in between 70s to lower 80s with exception of one digital channels in lower 60s. Everything is working great for one day. The next day, I noticed that the signal for some of my UHF channels were reduced and the others were completely gone. So I went up the attic and moved the antenna a few inches and the reception was back again. But It only lasted for one day then the same thing happened again.

I am wondering if some one can explain to me why. I never had that problem with the C.M#4221 with UHF channels. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have the same antenna in my attic (although i tried every one they had at Lowe's and home Depot). I get the VHF channels fine and it is the only one in HD right now. Like you, I either don't get a signal on UHF or else its a very poor signal. If you solve this problem, let me know so i can try to do the same.

·
Registered
824 Posts
This entails spending more money, but you might consider combining separate antennas. This will give you more flexibility with antenna pointing.

I use a channel 12 yagi, combined with a UHF yagi. (channel master combiner) Works great in the attic at 35 miles.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Same deal here. I was using a 3016 in the attic, also 15 miles away. I had the same problem with one channel, then moved the antenna to the roof and signal was exponentially better. At first I did not want to move it, but honestly I don't even notice the antenna when I look at the house. I would strongly suggest you get it outside, but obviously there is a reason you didn't do that in the first place. Also, I noticed that the balun did not fit very well with the "S" connector supplied. A few times it worked loose and seemed to effect the signal-check that. I found that moving my antenna inside the attic made a huge difference-not sure why- maybe multipath given the confined area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.