AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have downloaded mkv2vob and tried using that to convert some .mkv files but every output format i choose, be it .mp4, .avi, .m2ts will not play on the ps3 for some reason. I am storing the newly converted files onto an external hard drive and plugging that in directly to the ps3. What could i be doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I never had any luck with that program. Try mkvMagic or AlltoAvi

·
Registered
69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarycall /forum/post/15578362

I use tsmuxer, just select m2ts muxing and voila!

Scarycall, thanks for the tip on tsmuxer. Works great on my iMac with Crossover. Much faster than using VisualHub to convert only to avi without 5.1!

Cheers!

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
google river past video cleaner pro. Just 1 click and you are set, none of that muxing garbage and mantains quality. I convert from MKV to WMV-HD and I can burn them on a single dvd or stream to the ps3. It's amazing.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Omni beast did you make a sure you set file splitting as fat32 Because ps3 won't recognize anything over 4gb......i always use mkv2vob and set the output file a .vob. It usually takes less than a minute to convert the file.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Check out the link in my signature for more information.

·
Registered
19,147 Posts
You also have to remember that ".mkv" is just a file extension and the files it contain could be of many different formats, (from mpeg4, divx, xvid, etc) so tsmuxer might not recognize it. It actually stands for "Martoska Multimedia Container".

·
Banned
128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jattsp /forum/post/15580423

Omni beast did you make a sure you set file splitting as fat32 Because ps3 won't recognize anything over 4gb......i always use mkv2vob and set the output file a .vob. It usually takes less than a minute to convert the file.

Have to agree with jattsp on this. mkv2vob works 99% of the time for me. If the file ends up being over 4GB then you either need to stream it from a media server (tversity, ps3mediaserver) or split the file.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I have a movie in MKV file format and would like to change it to something i can burn and play on the PS3 . What program do you recommend to change MKV to MP4 ect?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts