AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm a newb, so any help is appreciated.

Just set this all up with my Onkyo HT-RC360.   I ran the Audyssey setup and it set all the crossovers at 40hz.

Does this should correct ?

I wasn't sure what to do with the sub.   I have the filter all the way over to 120hz and the gain in the middle.

Also I hooked both the LEFT/LFE and the RIGHT line in's from the sub to the two SUB pre-outs.   Not sure if that is correct or not. IT works either way but with both connected it just seems to be louder.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
I would rather see the crossover set to 80hz for all the speakers. But if you can change crossover per speaker I would think 60hz for the 4.2&1.2 would work

You only need the subwoofer to to hook up to one of the pre-outs and the LFE in the subwoofer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrob425  /t/1524704/help-with-crossover-settings-kg-4-2-kg-1-2-kv-3-sub-10#post_24541492

I would rather see the crossover set to 80hz for all the speakers. But if you can change crossover per speaker I would think 60hz for the 4.2&1.2 would work

You only need the subwoofer to to hook up to one of the pre-outs and the LFE in the subwoofer.
Thanks yeah I have that option.   I went back in and set the center to 80hz and the surround to 60hz.   However I noticed that the Onkyo setup is saying that for tower speakers to set to Full-Band.   Should I do that?  Or run with the 60hz you had said ?

·
Registered
7,002 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniemeatball  /t/1524704/help-with-crossover-settings-kg-4-2-kg-1-2-kv-3-sub-10#post_24541554

Thanks yeah I have that option.   I went back in and set the center to 80hz and the surround to 60hz.   However I noticed that the Onkyo setup is saying that for tower speakers to set to Full-Band.   Should I do that?  Or run with the 60hz you had said ?
I would just run them with a 40-60hz crossover (whatever sounds best to your ears). I would lean towards 60hz personally

1 - 4 of 4 Posts