AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DL450 was dropped by accident. There is rattling inside the machine and a small piece of glass fell out. It still turns on but there is a very faint picture.

1) Is this fixable locally (l live in Orlando, FL)?

2) Will this be expensive?

·
Registered
47 Posts
OOOPS!

Sounds like you've broken the glass rod that leads the light from the colour wheel to the chip housing....

So the answers to your questions would be something like this..

1) Davis just went out of business, you might try ViewSonic..

Telephone: (800) 688-6688

e-mail: [email protected]

Fax: (909) 468-1202

2) Very very likely! :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I opened the projector and looked around. I saw that the glass rod is still intact (unless there is more than one??). There is however a broken mirror that looks about the size of a glass slide used for examining samples under the microscope. Once this mirror fell out, there is no more rattling noises.

Is this mirror expensive to replace?

Where else can I have this done?

Suggestions please.....I am desperate!!!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Check in the Classifeds-You can get a brand new optical engine-Complete Davis DL450 Optical Engine. These units are new out of the box, they contain all of the optics including Zoom lens,Color wheel, Texas Instrument DLP chip and a new 120w UHP lamp. Price is only $550 which is great since it includes a new bulb. As an alternative you can send to NORMAN'S ELECTRONICS INC.

>3653 Clairmont Rd.

>Chamblee, GA. 30341 USA

>(770) 451-5057, (770) 455-8337 FAX They are authorized to work on the Davis-I sent a unit I owned there and was very pleased with the work they did-

Lenny Eckian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.