AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if anyone here can help me, I have a question about a specific RP lens.

I have a Delta 77 rear projection lens from US Precision Lens and basically would like to know if it is designed for use with a curved faceplate CRT or a flat CRT. Until a little while ago I was under the impression that CRTs used for projection always had flat faceplates, however I understand that some Phillips sets (and possibly others) use curved faceplates to improve the optical performance.

I am a regular poster on the DIY projector forum, and have constructed a front projection system based on a 5" LCD. I have since obtained a rear projection lenticular screen, so I am selecting or designing a optical system to obtain the short throw needed for rear projection. The Delta 77 lens was purchased quite cheaply as surplus stock, and I believe it is intended for use with a CRT with 5" diagonal raster. I thought it should be very suitable for a 5" LCD however I find that I can only focus a very limited region in the centre of the LCD. I have been unable to collect any definitive data on the Delta 77 lens from the web or elsewhere, so hopefully someone here can help! Thanks in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.