AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced an Oppo dvd player with a Sony BDPS570 Blu-ray. I use a coaxial audio connection from the DVD player to the receiver. I use to get 5.1 surround sound but now do not. Do I need to upgrade to an HDMI receiver or am I missing something in the setup?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies but I turned on bitstream audio but it still does not work. I reinstalled the old dvd player and 5.1 works. Could it be that it is a 12 yr old receiver and coaxial connection ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I now think it's the coaxial port on the receiver since I hooked up the Oppo again and now no audio from coaxial connection like it once did.

When I first hooked up the Sony BD I did get 5.1 audio playing the intro to alice in wonderland, but it went dead when the main menu appeared. I am thinking of getting an optical cable just to check it out. I really love my Denon but it may be time to retire it.

·
Registered
9,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfgalaxy
I now think it's the coaxial port on the receiver since I hooked up the Oppo again and now no audio from coaxial connection like it once did.

When I first hooked up the Sony BD I did get 5.1 audio playing the intro to alice in wonderland, but it went dead when the main menu appeared. I am thinking of getting an optical cable just to check it out. I really love my Denon but it may be time to retire it.
Hi gfgalaxy, if S570 "BD Audio Mix" is On (default setting) try turning that to Off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks JChin, I did that and no luck. I'm not sure how a port on a receiver can go bad but I hooked my Oppo standard DVD player back up and now I can't get audio via the receiver's coax port. I can get audio from the rca audio cable from the tv to the receiver though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.