AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first assumption is that the Denon DVD-3800 has better audio processing than the AVR-5700. correct? I'm connecting my DVD-3800 player's audio to my AVR-5700 receiver using anolog 5.1 audio connections. assuming this is the best connection. I'm then setting up the speaker delays (distances) and volume levels internal to the DVD player for maximum fidelity. My question is: do I leave my existing AVR-5700 receiver system set-up as it is? My thoughts are that my DBS dolby, which is an digital optical input, would still need the existing set-up as-is? Please correct me if I am wrong in this assumption, that because the DVD audio is anolog and not digital, it would not be receiver processed as the digital signal is? Is there anything that I need to re-program in the receiver besides turning DVD digital input to "off"?

Avia dvd disc or internal tones for best set-up?

If I used optical-out then I do not program the DVD and just let the receiver do everything?

MY video out from the DBS and DVD are direct connect to my PE-730 monitor.

Thanks for your recommendations.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I for one would not assume that the DVD3800 has "better" processing. There's really no reason it would be better. Unless it is DVD-Audio player and then you would need to use the analog. Otherwise, use the digital inputs.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
When you use the 5.1 inputs doesn't it automatically bypass all of the receivers processing?If so,I think you are fine leaving it the way it is.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Alimental
I for one would not assume that the DVD3800 has "better" processing. There's really no reason it would be better. Unless it is DVD-Audio player and then you would need to use the analog. Otherwise, use the digital inputs.
The 3800 is a DVD-A player.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.