AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks. I know I will probably get better and faster help here than actually calling DISH.

Just made the move from DirecTV to DISH tonight. Used my 18X24 dish for 110 and 119 and a second 18" dish for 148. Got all hooked up with decent signal strengths (over 90 on 148 and 119 and 75ish on 110) and hooked up to my new DISH 6000 receiver. Have HBO-HD, CBS-HD and SHOW-HD (get it SHOW-HD free for 3 months if you sign up for auto-payment via VISA) and my picture is not in 16X9 format. For the life of me, I can't find in the Menu where to change it.

The Manual says nothing, the WEB says there are 5 settings, but doesn't tell you how and the dealer where I bought it said it is in the menu somewhere...can someone help me???

Thanks

P.S. within the last two weeks, purchased a Mits 55819, and a Hughes HD receiver. Liked the reciever as the menuing is much nicer than the 6000, but had to make the move because of DirecTV's lack of HD programming. Yes HDNet is nice...but MLB and NHL are my two least favorite sports...so, purchased the 6000 for $450, got the 501 with all the LNB's and switches (even though I'm using my DirectTV Dishes) I needed for free, just signed up for the "digital home plan", I think it's called, and pay an extra $9 a month (a lease for a min. of 1 yr.) Not a bad deal...just need to get the 16X9 working.

Tim

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, BNAM, but I tried that and the 16X9 option won't select for me....is there some software upgrade that maybe I didn't receive? Let me know. Thanks

Tim

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry guys...I finally found it. The * key toggles between the different modes. Of course there is nothing on any of the HD channels now that are in 16X9!!!

Tim

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
So.... What do you have to do to get CBS-HD?

------------------

Mike Kobb

(Formerly "ReplayMike", but no longer affiliated with the company; these opinions are mine alone.)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To get CBS-HD west, I am using a second dish pointing to the 148 SAT (for the east coast feed of CBS-HD, you would point to 61.5) and then you have to subscribe to local channels for $4.99 / mo. I did have to call DISH and they had to activate CBS-HD for me, but it only took a few minutes.

HTH

Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.