AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to be able to play PC games on my HDTV and have it look good. The TV has a DVI input, and the video card I'm looking at has DVI out also. (MSI GeforceTI 4200),

Is this the best way to acheive my needs? Or is there a better way?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Concentrate on getting your display to work with your HTPC. Karnis's custom resolution guide is a great place to start.

Once you accomplish that, search for threads like this one about how to set the resolution of your games to match the resolutions that your video adaptor supports.

You can always just play in 640x480, but what fun would that be?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I would make sure that the TV's DVI input will work with a computer input. I had a hard time getting Sony's 34XBR800 DVI input to work with my ATI Radeon DVI card...

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have my new HTPC with a GF4Ti 4200 hooked to my Toshiba 50" with the Audio Authority transcoder. Quake 3 looks great. I'm trying to get Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 to work but it won't. I've set up an application profile for it with PowerStrip, just like I did for Quake 3, at 848x480, but it looks like NFS is ignoring it. The res changes to something my TV can't handle and I have to press the Windows key on my keyboard to pop up the start menu to get my desktop res back. Any ideas? Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.