AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some time ago, I purchaced a open box DTC-100 for our old HDTV, because we got a newer model. I just upgraded to an Oval 3LNB dish and realized I could not get the HIGH DEF channels on the open box DTC-100 because the firmware was old. Note, I can receive Sat A & C and the corresponding HIGH DEF channels on my original DTC-100 that is now hooked to the new HDTV. I can not get Sat B because of low trees in my area. After reading this forum, i requested a paddle firmware upgrade from Thomsen, and just got the DTC-100 back yesterday. Here is what I find. I can get the same old stations that I used to from SAT A. I get nothing (not even the program quide listings) for Sat C and I get the program guide listings, but searching for signal for Sat B. Of cousre I expected that for Sat B, becuase of the trees, but I have NO idea, why I dont get anything on the DTC-100 for Sat C. My other DTC-100 pics up the High Def channels that are on Sat C (ESPNHD, HDNETMOVIES, SHOHD), but not on the Open Box one. I checked to make sure it was set up for Oval 3 LNB dish, which it was. I clicked on add all channels to the Family Profile--but I don't see the icons for the High Def channels I'm missing. I even switched Co-AX cables (not the actual cables but where they plug into the LNB) between the 2 receivers and I still can NOT get Sat C channels to show up? What am I missing??? As of right now, I have 2 co-ax cables running from the DTC-100's to inpupt 1 and 2 of the 4 on the LNB. I've tried some different configurations, but it doesn't seem to help...so right now I am completely out of ideas. I'm hoping there is some simple thing I am overlooking....and would be so glad if someone could point it out to me. Thanks - Drew

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Some people have reported having a problems with their DTC-100 recognizing the setting of 3 LNBs. What has been suggested (and has worked for others) is to set the DTC-100 to single LNB round dish. Unplug it for 10 to 15 minutes to reset it. Then turn it back on and reset it to oval 3 LNBs and see what happens.

SMK

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SMK,

Thanks!!! I just did anoter several searches on this board and finaly found that thread. Of course it worked...and I hurried back online to find you have provided the answer as well. Thank God for the AVS forum. I guarantee that nobody from Thomsen, DirectTV or the mom and pop shop that got stuck doing my paddle upgrade would have ever been able to help me out. Now I'll be able to watch the Sunday Ticket HD games in the other room this weekend and keep my wife happy :) Drew

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
This is becoming a very common occurence with the DTC-100s. Ken, any way you could put the guide reset how-to in the STB Synopsis? Or make a sticky for quick how-to's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.