Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just purchased a new RCA dtc-100 receiver from a local retail store (Brands Mart in Miami, Fl) and was going to test it out to make sure I am happy with it as an OTA hdtv tuner. I plugged it in and went to setup, and set it to use antenna A as it's input (this is where I have a Radio Shack VHF/UHF indoor antenna hooked up), then set it so it would be in TV mode (default was DTV). Next I had it do a full scan for all channels on antenna A and B (nothing hooked up). I saw the progress of the scan, and the scan finished while I was in another room. I came back to a black screen. Note I am using the svideo out as the source for my TV (non HDTV panasonic 45 inch). Now I can't seem to get any menu's or any video display. No matter what I press (remote or receiver buttons) the screen is black. I do have audio, and if I change the channels (with the arrows) I can hear the audio switch to another channel. I think I may have messed up an output setting while trying to configure this thing, but don't know how to get a menu up to see. Any suggestions? Is there a way to have this thing go back to it's default settings, so I can start over again.

Thanks,

·
Registered
660 Posts
First, test your s-video cable and connections. Use another cable. Make sure another appliance can produce an image on that TV input. Uplug the DTC-100 from the wall power and let it sit for a few minutes and then plug it in. Hit the power and down arrow buttons on the front of the unit at the same time for a reboot. Is the tv on? http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

Let us know

EAS

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Is the HD monitor light in the upper right of the unit on or off? In your case it should be off. If it the light is on, press the button to activate the S video output.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the quick response. I think it was a combination of both. I had pushed the HD monitor light on and off with no result, then I reset the Svideo cable...no good, but the HD monitor light was left on after the cable reset...Dooh... Once I turned off the light again the video came on.. Although with the picture quality from the Indoor "Color Supreme", RadioShack antenna, I think I liked it better blacked out. The sales person warned me about this, said being in South Miami nobody can get good reception with the set top antennas, but stated using their attic mount antenna I should be able to get everything clear and snow free. Really hoped I would not have to crawl through my attic again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.