Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I've got a problem with DTS.

I had an old sony BDP S300 player which played blu ray's in DTS no problem at all. As soon as the film started, the amp changed to DTS and everything was all good. Only problem with the player is it took about a week to load up the films.

Due to how slow it was, i just bought myself a newer LG 255LG player. Twice as quick to load up the films although picture doesnt look as clear as it did on the sony. But the main reason i dont use the sony anymore i dont think i can say.

Anyway with the new LG player, none of the films are coming out of the amp in DTS. They're all coming out in pro logic, even though when i press audio on the player it says DTS and the amp is on auto. So i have no idea why the amp isnt putting it out in DTS.

My old man suggests it could be something to do with hdmi. He's got the exact same player but has got a better amp. His amp has hdmi input so he's got his player connected to his amp via hdmi cable whereas i have got mine connected with red and white aux leads.

Does anyone know why my amp no longer puts out DTS with this new player?

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
16,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorps1212  /t/1427218/help-with-dts-sound-please#post_22362600

Hey guys. I've got a problem with DTS.

I had an old sony BDP S300 player which played blu ray's in DTS no problem at all. As soon as the film started, the amp changed to DTS and everything was all good. Only problem with the player is it took about a week to load up the films.

Due to how slow it was, i just bought myself a newer LG 255LG player. Twice as quick to load up the films although picture doesnt look as clear as it did on the sony. But the main reason i dont use the sony anymore i dont think i can say.

Anyway with the new LG player, none of the films are coming out of the amp in DTS. They're all coming out in pro logic, even though when i press audio on the player it says DTS and the amp is on auto. So i have no idea why the amp isnt putting it out in DTS.

My old man suggests it could be something to do with hdmi. He's got the exact same player but has got a better amp. His amp has hdmi input so he's got his player connected to his amp via hdmi cable whereas i have got mine connected with red and white aux leads.

Does anyone know why my amp no longer puts out DTS with this new player?

Thanks in advance.

The only thing you can get out of the R/W connecters is 2 channels. Your amp will then apply PLII to get to 5.1. If you want true 5.1 you must use HDMI, Optical, coax, or analog MC outs.

S~

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Double or multiple posting from the point of view of the poster would be to hope to get more people responding and answers more quickly but from the point of view of others it usually ends up wasting time writing similar replies repeatedly. It's also wasteful of forum space. Think what happens when every player-AVR-TV problem ends up in two or three places...

It's also my observation that AVR forum gets a lot more traffic and quite a few player set-up problems end up there instead of here.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1427227/help-with-dts-please

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.