AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could really use some expert advice on what to do with my situation.

I just bought a Samsung 55" 3D LED 8000 series this past weekend. When things aren't moving quickly on the screen, the picture looks terrific. However, when things move quickly, things seem to be pixelated (I'm not sure the technical term). To be more specific, this happens worst when watching sports (football, basketball). The edge of the players seem to have pixelations, like the processor can't keep up. It is really driving me crazy. In basketball, the players shorts and the ball it's like one big pixelation blob. I've tried messing with the settings, but I can't get it to go away. I previously had a 37" Vizio 1080p, 120Hz that didn't have this problem. Can someone help? I really don't want to return the tv, but if I can't watch sports without this phenomena, I don't think I'll have a choice.

TIA!

- AudioNoob

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
If yes then the broacaster was not allocating enough bandwidth for the broacast and picture changes were being dropped with the fast moving content and this causes pixelation. It is not a problem with your new TV.

Were any of the sports watched such as basketball being broadcast in 3D?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure if they were being broadcast in 3D.

What I don't understand is that I didn't have this problem with my previous Vizio. But I noticed it immediately with the Sammy. Same channel. Same broadcast. Different pictures. I have to assume that it is my tv. I also don't have this issue with my first generation Samsung DLP. This is my first LED/LCD tv. Is this something that all LED/LCD tv's have in common?

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Since you were not watching the game with 3D glasses you were not watching a 3D broadcast. However, that does not mean that the game was being filmed with a 3D camera.

Was the channel you were watching ESPN by chance?

I did see another post from a user that reported pixelation from a ESPN basketball game broadcast this weekend.

I have not aware of any HDTVs them selves causing pixelation. Digital TV signals are compressed signals which consist of full frames and then changes to the full frames until the next full frame is received. This causes pixelation if not all of the frames and changes are transmited and then received by the user's TV. Fast motion cauuses a lot more full frames and larger change frames to be transmitted and therefore increases the probabity that some get dropped causing pixelation.

I assume you are using a cable or satellite STB which is receiving the channel signals and deccomressing and decoding them and outputting the video screen images to your TV over HDMI or another interface. In any case the TV is just diaplaying the pixelated screen image it is receving from the STB.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts