AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How/where can i go to get a list of specific features of new model TVs that I am looking for? I want to look at TVs that have the following


wireless internet connection

youtube application for the tv

usb ports for media playback



thank you for any help or direction
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
I've downloaded several owners manuals online. Once you find a model that appears to meet your criterion search for the manual and read through it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim /forum/post/18316310


Google


I mean in one place. is there a site or a way to compare feature to feature side by side?

with the 2010 models i cant seem to figure out exactly what tv has what and if it has it for sure.


example: the vizio tvs SV472XVT model has internet but doesnt play media back from usb

and the XVT472SV has media playback but not internet.


then samsung ln46c650 has a youtube app but the vizio SV472XVT doesnt.


see what i mean?




Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydorus /forum/post/18316404


I've downloaded several owners manuals online. Once you find a model that appears to meet your criterion search for the manual and read through it.

thanks!! this makes sense! labor intensive but i thank you for the good advice!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,040 Posts
In fact, manufacturers usually have their owner's manuals posted on their websites. Good for not only seeing features, but a good look at menu settings and configurations.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,622 Posts
I think what the fallahs are trying to tell you, "No such luck in one place, we all wish things in life can be that EZ."


And the reason they don't advertise it is because implementation from vendor to vendor is sketchy. I can help with with #2 though, that's called YAHOO WIDGETS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBobb /forum/post/18319510


I think what the fallahs are trying to tell you, "No such luck in one place, we all wish things in life can be that EZ."


And the reason they don't advertise it is because implementation from vendor to vendor is sketchy. I can help with with #2 though, that's called YAHOO WIDGETS.

Thanks for the info.


Yahoo widgets and youtube app arent the same though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought the Samsung ln46c650 while the TV LOOKS amazing and is GREAT i have a big problem with it and it has to go back. Maybe i got a lemon!


My question is [i hope someone can help me] if i dont get another Samsung what tv has the same features that just as good or better?


i need and want

wireless internet connection

youtube application for the tv

usb ports for media playback

qwerty keyboard/remote [is vizio the only one with that]


thanks!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyrabbitt123 /forum/post/18320789


I bought the Samsung ln46c650 while the TV LOOKS amazing and is GREAT i have a big problem with it and it has to go back. Maybe i got a lemon!


My question is [i hope someone can help me] if i dont get another Samsung what tv has the same features that just as good or better?


i need and want

wireless internet connection

youtube application for the tv

usb ports for media playback

qwerty keyboard/remote [is vizio the only one with that]


thanks!!!

If it's so amazing & great, why does it have to go back? Doesn't anybody just watch TV anymore?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim /forum/post/18320850


If it's so amazing & great, why does it have to go back? Doesn't anybody just watch TV anymore?


i love it but [dont want to rip samsung] thats why i didnt mention it but...

it keeps turning itself off and wont turn on when i press the on button.

will just shutdown in the middle of watching tv, lowering the volume etc...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyrabbitt123 /forum/post/18320879


i love it but [dont want to rip samsung] thats why i didnt mention it but...

it keeps turning itself off and wont turn on when i press the on button.

will just shutdown in the middle of watching tv, lowering the volume etc...

that's the power saving feature
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
641 Posts
Thinking of buying a Vizio XVT472SV. HELP.......need to know if the screen is affected by windows in living room. I hope its not as reflective as glass and hopefully of a semi-mat type.


Please reply asap to: [email protected]


Thanks!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmil /forum/post/0


Thinking of buying a Vizio XVT472SV. HELP.......need to know if the screen is affected by windows in living room. I hope its not as reflective as glass and hopefully of a semi-mat type.


Please reply asap to: [email protected]


Thanks!!!!


I can't speak directly to the XVT472SV, but I have a XVT473SV and it has a matte screen that does a nice job of reducing reflections. not perfect, but a whole bunch better than a glossy screen. I believe the XVT2SV series is similar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,307 Posts
Most tvs with internet apps require an optional USB wireless dongle (costs about $80 and ya gotta use the one made by the tv mfg.) Built-in wireless is usually only on uber-expensive top line models.


For the extra cost of a set with built-in wireless, qwerty keyboard remote, etc. one can easily buy an external box (PS3 or any number of others) that will have more functions, better implementation, more easily upgraded, more cheaply replaced when made obsolescent by newer tech, and have money left over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Are there any other manufacturer Offering 1080P upconversion? Mitshbishi offers it on their LED & DLP. Samsung doesn't ; sharp doesn't as for as I know. Any one know any other LED/plasma that offer it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S /forum/post/20353449


Most tvs with internet apps require an optional USB wireless dongle (costs about $80 and ya gotta use the one made by the tv mfg.) Built-in wireless is usually only on uber-expensive top line models.


For the extra cost of a set with built-in wireless, qwerty keyboard remote, etc. one can easily buy an external box (PS3 or any number of others) that will have more functions, better implementation, more easily upgraded, more cheaply replaced when made obsolescent by newer tech, and have money left over.

Cheapest way is to just hard wire it if possible. Cost me less than $10 for the cat-5 cable.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top