AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is similar, BUT DIFFERENT than my previous thread(s). It is regarding a dual drive showstopper(reliable for almost a year!). I need some additional help, please! I had to do a series of soft reboots and I lost my table of contents (ouch)!! I had just about maxed out my two drives with alot of unreplaceable shows. The system was very reliable (even though I've read threads to the contrary). I did some experimenting with rtv extract and was able to locate and extract several deleted shows. Is there a method of simply undeleting the shows and/or restoring the table of contents which references the shows? Is there some way of AUTOMATICALLY recovering the files/TOC without having to do it all manually (which is so tedious!). Perhaps there is some method out there that someone,anyone might know of to simplify this!! For the record, I am using two 120GB drives and I have access to two more, if needed, for this process.I am desperate for help with this!! Thank you so very much!!!!

:)

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
What I've done is create a batch file and have extract_rtv run over night.

I got the listing of deleted nodes and then created a list of those. Created a line in the batch file for each file.

In the days before the program descriptions I had to run the batch file and stop each extract 30 seconds in to the process. I'd then open each movie and check the contents for the file I actually wanted. That was more painful.

The batch file is your friend. If you don't know about batch files send me a list of the nodes you need recovered and what your extract command line looks like and I'll send you back a batch file.

Too bad no one has come up with a replayTV undelete command...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.