AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace my Klipsch KWS-12. My current HT is 60% movies, 30% gaming and 10% music. I have approximately 3500 cubic ft to fill as my HT room is 21.5'w10.6'h15'd. I have narrowed it down to a few based on thier size as I need to put at least one in a cabinet underneath my screen. I'm looking to purchase 2 and then on down the road another 2. My choices so far are 1.eD A5s-300 2.Sunfire HRS-12 3.Rythmik F12 or 4. The new SVS SB-12NSD when it is released. As you can see I need a 12" due to the limited space in my custom cabinet. My plan is to put two in the front listening position and then when I have some more $, two behind the listening position. What do you guys think? Also, will I see an noticible increase in performance and that low bass upgrading from my KWS-12 to one of these? Thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
Sounds good, but you will have to be careful of cancellation. It is going to take some tinkering with the phase of the subs to get everything sounding the best. Also, none of these subs play deep frequencies really well, but they do have a shallow roll off, so a bunch, like three or four, should be able to play deep well. These will all beat the pants off your Klipsch sub, even one should be a marked improvement over that model sub.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
I think you are going to get yourself in way over your head down the line and possibly now.

First off 2 subs are hard to eq, 4 will be damn near impossible for a lay person.

Because 2 through 4 subs can be so hard why not just get 2 and put them symmetrically behind the listening position? This will take out much of the rooms effect and keep the distances similar to keep down phase issues. Also if you buy something specifically for your enclosed space, how do you even know that is a good place to put a sub? Personally 2 subs place asymmetrically scares me, four is a nightmare and letting one position be the limit just so you can take advantage of a certain enclosure sounds very well... limiting...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts