AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am trying to use Comcast's DCH-3200 as a tuner into my Vista media center laptop. VMC works fine with an Avermedia USB tuner and HDHR, but Comcast is moving stations around so I'd like to access the Comcast HD tuner.

My problem is that even though firestb seems to be working (I can view HD via VLC), I can't figure out how to set up VMC to access firestb or the DCH-3200. Additionally, the DCH-3200 Tuner and Panel are listed in the Device manager.

When I set up VMC, it gives me the choice of channels to us as a source as usual when tuning an STB. But how do I get the DCH-3200 in there? The IR blaster seems to be working fine, too.

I am using the most recent version of ExDeus' firestb.

I have also heard that there should be something called MyTray, but I don't see that anywhere.

I'm just a hair away from being able to do this, but I'm stuck at the connection between firestb and VMC.

Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
615 Posts
To get it to work in VMC, you need to have an analog tuner installed as well (running off it's own cable split). What will happen is that the MyTray/FireSTB combo will record an analog version and a firewire version of the show simultaneously. Then when the recording has finished the analog version will be deleted and you can go back in and watch the firewire capture.

You can manually record using CapDVHS, which I have done, but I don't have the above done as I don't have a tuner card to use.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, have an AVerMedia usb tuner connected and working, using either its tuner internal or svhs. firewire tuning still doesn't work. MyTray doesn't see the Comcast stb tuner. CapDVHS does, but firestb is just dead in the water. can also stream using VLC, but no firestb.

the closest I can get to tuning using the Comcast tuner is to do it in SD using VMC and through the SVHS connection. Not at all what I want, obviously.

any other ideas?

thanks,

·
Registered
615 Posts
You may have to reinstall the software. I know when I did my install of the STB drivers, MyTray was installed. But I can't tell you what package I used. The MyTray part is pretty essential to the process though as it is the part that intercepts the recording request and pulls the firewire capture and deletes the analog one, when the recording is finished.

TheGreenButton.com is probably a better place to look.

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts