AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Denon 2312 receiver (105A per channel), RC Energy micros (front, center and surround) and Outlaw 12" sub. I like bass. We have blown out 2 RC Energy fronts during 2 parties. Looking to upgrade the front channels. Was looking for a good set of house (like old school basement type) speakers that we could use for parties and also HT. Looking to spend maybe $800-1000 for both speakers. Did I mention I like bass!?

·
Registered
8,451 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Did I mention I like bass!?
Get a pair of these: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/1519940-behringer-eurolive-b215xl-15-2-way-l-r-mains.html ($440), and a mate for your Outlaw 12" sub ($660). Rock on! :cool: :D

The Berry's are party proof, play VERY LOUD and clean on AVR power (96dB/1W/1m; 8Ω), reportedly sound surprisingly good and will have plenty of mid/upper bass slam from that 15" pro woofer.

Edit: Or one of these for parties: Behringer Eurolive B1800XP Active 3000W Subwoofer ($700), and save your Outlaw for HT duty.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Get a pair of these: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/1519940-behringer-eurolive-b215xl-15-2-way-l-r-mains.html ($440), and a mate for your Outlaw 12" sub ($660). Rock on! :cool: :D

The Berry's are party proof, play VERY LOUD and clean on AVR power (96dB/1W/1m; 8Ω), reportedly sound surprisingly good and will have plenty of mid/upper bass slam from that 15" pro woofer.
Really really liking them. Seems like what I want. Do you know of anything similar possibly in a little taller housing and more "put your drink on it" friendly?

Possibly like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Technical-Pro-VRTX15-Carpeted-Cabinet/dp/B004V3R8X4

·
Registered
161 Posts
So you need in-wall speakers then for WAF?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow you're good.

OK last question and sorry if I messed anyone's day up. After speaking with the wife we are going a different direction. I convinced her to get towers/bookshelfs on stands (really leaning towards the towers) so we could use the speakers 100% of the time. Since I would also need a matching center/wires/new TV cabinet, my budget came down to about $500-$800 for the 2 L/R. So I am looking at SVS prime towers (they look REALLY nice but are $1000-above budget) or Chane A5rx-c ($800), Polk TSx, Polk TSi, Polk Monitor 60/65/70 and Klipsch R-24. I am sooooo tired of researching this. Please someone help me out.

Again I apologize to change it up but there are a lot of variables here. .

·
Registered
28,642 Posts

·
Registered
21,863 Posts
Of your speakers the Klipsch would perform as "party speakers" better IMHO due to their sensitivity.

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
^^^+1. Klipsch or Bic if you want to stop blowing speakers during parties. The high sensitivity would be beneficial, The Bics would be more cost effective. On a side note, you should consider setting your volume limit to -10 or -20 on your AVR which is insanely loud for either of those speakers. This will prevent further speakers replacement.

Reactions: gajCA

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Just wanted to first of all THANK everyone for the help. And secondly wanted to help someone else out too. I decided to get the SVS Prime bookshelf speakers and center. I went to Electronic Expo in Wayne NJ because I actually wanted to hear them and also wanted to actually bring them home the same day. The wife and I spent over 2 hours listening to speakers. Movies and music from different genres. I must say that it was a very pleasant experience. I dealt with Vinnie who was great. The SVS Prime towers were phenomenal. Never knew what a soundstage was until I heard them. The SVS Prime bookshelves were 90% of the towers obviously lacking some mids. He had Definitive Technology 8040's on sale (older model) which had a passive 8" sub and an active 8" one. Definitely more bass heavy buy not as clear as the SVS. I believe he had a Marantz 85W/channel AVR pushing them. So actually after deciding on the bookshelves we sat down and ran some numbers. He knew how much we wanted the SVS Prime towers and was able to give us 'an offer we couldn't refuse'. The speakers are really gorgeous (we got the black ash) to match our wood floors. Just wanted to thank everyone and tell them I AM EXTREMELY PSYCHED to have these. Never anticipated that!!!!

Oh and I know it isn't a basement carpeted Cerwin Vega or Gemini, but the wife could put the drink on it too:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts