AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a SIM2 HT200 that a dealer has let me use for a while that has started displaying a green tint on all programming on all sources (Component, RGB, S Video) throughout the entire projected image.

It's very easy to see and has totally ruined an otherwise excellent picture. Sometimes, when you start it up, the projector will intermittently display the correct color palette for a few moments, then revert to the greenish image. No amount of powering down and re-starting will get it to display the proper hues.

Anyone have any ideas? I've played with the various menu adjustments, obviously, but to no avail.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by PF (edited 06-15-2001).]

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
This is probably a stupid suggestion, but are the cables tight? It would seem to me that (intermittently) lacking a red or a blue signal could be a cabling problem...

Mike

·
Registered
760 Posts
PF,

I had this happened to me, so I know what you're talking about. Are you feeding the projector with an HTPC? I found what it seems as though my D-ILA would loose sync every now and then and I would get boot-ups in only green, blue or red colors. Everything would be one color, until I would turn the projector off and let it resync to the computer signal.

I'm not sure if this is related to your problem (since you mention that no amount of resetting works for you), but I thought I mention it anyway as there may be a sync issue relation there somewhere.

Good luck,

Luca

------------------

PICTURES OF MY THEATER
albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1659592&a=12715694&f=0

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mflaster,

The cables are tight -- the problem occurs no matter what signal is used -- component, S, RGB.

propeller_beach,

Thanks for the insight. I'm using a Sony 9000ES prog player and an RCA DTC100 and Dish 6000 as sources, but no computer. I haven't done the power off and on cycle in a while, so I'll give it another try and report back if it works. I'll disconnect it for a good half hour, too.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.