AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I've been trying to find out more information on using the Philips Pronto remote with the HAI system but haven't been very lucky in doing so.

Does anyone have experience in linking these two? Perhaps you can help me out and shed some light on what has to be done.

Our pre-wire stage is complete, and now we're looking to order the Philips Pronto TSU9600... but I need to know if we'll require any of the extenders?

Unfortunately our HAI installer has never used the Philips Pronto remote before, but says he doesn't think it'll be too difficult to program.

Will the TSU9600 require major programming in order to work with the HAI system? How easy/difficult is it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just download the HAI Prontoscript module and load it into your project file. Assign the "Omni" page to a hard button or whatever.

You'll need the serial extender to do anything else, as the 9600 only does Wifi.

Rick

·
Registered
23 Posts
You don't need any extenders to connect the TSU9600 to the Omni. As rick said, you just need to download the HAI Module from Philips website, and load it into the Pronto Project File.

Extenders would be used if you wanted to control IR devices that aren't in the same room as the Pronto, sending RS232 commands, etc. So whether or not you need one really depends on what you want.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts