AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry to repost this, but is there no one with the same problem or solution ?

thanks

no reception

hi there

i have a Channel Master Digital UHF/VHF STEALTHTENNA Model 3010 a samsung SIR-T351 HD receiver. and i do get 0 signal !!

i had the same cable with the same antenna hooked up for analog TV signal and got relative good reception. now my SIR receiver does not even show one bar in signal strenght.

what am i missing ?? or do i have a bad receiver ?

thanks

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
What do your UHF analogs look like? Are they clear? Do they have ghosting? Is there a lot of "snow" in the picture?

Have you researched the digitals in your area? What is their ERP? Are they using a direcitonal beam? How far are the towers from you?

When tuning, are you trying to enter the analog channel number or the digital one?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Are you tuning to the digital channels or the analog ones? Go to www.antennaweb.org and enter your zip code and it will tell you what channel to use to pick up the digital broadcast. Once you flip to that channel, your box will likely add the appropriate sub-channel.

Lee

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys... i pointed the antenna in the right direction. and after turning on the AMPLIFIER i did get a signal. not too many, but cbs (that's all i care about for the superbowl anyway) comes in very good, some of the others have pixelation... i am not very impressed buy the quility and further more the selection. the reciever is going back after superbowl... i am not willing to dosh out $400.- for a few HD stations with programming i never watch anyway... same with HD directTV, just not there yet... just not enough choice and way expensive...

thanks for the help...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.