AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously considering purchasing the HD1000U. I would like to ceiling mount the projector. My media room is 18' x 18' however my ceiling goes from 7'-6" to 10'. That is, on all four walls the walls are 7' 8" tall and then angle in and upward at around a 40 degree slope to the 10' total (hope this makes sense). From what I have read on this projector the actual top of the projected image is a good bit lower than the projector itself. How should I mount the projector? I am thinking I can mount the projector on the "Slope" which could give me the height I need from the floor. Is there a mount that will work on a sloped ceiling? What would you all suggest as a good solution here? Will the HD1000U work in this situation? Thanks in advance for any advise.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I hope I'm not misleading you, but I think you'll be totally fine. Comes down to what size of screen you want and where you mount the projector, but buy a ceiling mount wiht a variable height pole and you can experiment to get it right. Running the numbers would be TOUGH, but unless due to screen size limitations you HAVE to be at the back (7'6") part of the ceiling (and from 18' back let me just say you'd need a HUUUGE screen to need that) you'll manage it. You'll have to do some trial and error to know the best height to mount it. I'd fix the screen where you want it (or at least tape some markers in the 4 corners) and then stand on a ladder and see where the projector needs to be, then adjust the mount to make it the appropriate height - you've got .2x zoom to work with so there is some flexibility.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nightfly. Do they make a mount if I wanted to attach to the slope? This would give me about a 16' distance from the wall. Or if I drop from the flat area with a pole mount I would be about 14' from the wall. I agree, best to put on a ladder and see what I like best.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Yeah in my opinion how your ceiling works is a "great case" scenario and the room is plenty big. If you don't mind putting it anywhere on the ceiling say 10'-17' out then you are wide open and if you don't mind that possibly you may have a long pole hanging from the ceiling perhaps to the projector.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.