AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My specs:

LG BR/HDDVD Combo Drive

PDVD OEM (came with optical drive) v7.3.4617 (updated to newest patch)

HDCP Compliant Marantz 720p Projector (single display)

WinXP SP3 (.Net 3.0)

Mobo: Gigabyte 780g (with onboard 3200)

ATI Catalyst 8.9 (at least it fixed my PDVD freezes which I was having before)

After fighting this HDCP battle for a month and today, I uninstalled PDVD for the 3rd time and reinstalled it after running Registry Cleaner. Did the latest patch and I'm still getting the HDCP error 0110 when I play ANY BR movie
! My HDDVD movies (Transformers, Matrix) play just fine using the same software

At this point, I'm about to give up. After doing some research here, it seems the 2217a patch fixes this but that patch appears to be for the RETAIL version of PDVD8.0 and NOT the OEM version 7.3.

The only option I seem to have are:

i) Upgrade to retail version and patch

ii) Get AnyDVD which fixes the HDCP issue altogether

I've spend a lot of money on my HTPC just to play BR/HD movies (HD movies fine though) and I can't justify spending another $80 just to play a legit BR movie

Any suggestions or the only way out are the 2 options I mentioned above?

Thanks for any input as I've scratched my hair out by now and can't get rid of that damn "HDCP error".

·
Registered
262 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragster /forum/post/15444831

My specs:

LG BR/HDDVD Combo Drive

PDVD OEM (came with optical drive) v7.3.4617 (updated to newest patch)

HDCP Compliant Marantz 720p Projector (single display)

WinXP SP3 (.Net 3.0)

Mobo: Gigabyte 780g (with onboard 3200)

ATI Catalyst 8.9 (at least it fixed my PDVD freezes which I was having before)

After fighting this HDCP battle for a month and today, I uninstalled PDVD for the 3rd time and reinstalled it after running Registry Cleaner. Did the latest patch and I'm still getting the HDCP error 0110 when I play ANY BR movie
! My HDDVD movies (Transformers, Matrix) play just fine using the same software

At this point, I'm about to give up. After doing some research here, it seems the 2217a patch fixes this but that patch appears to be for the RETAIL version of PDVD8.0 and NOT the OEM version 7.3.

The only option I seem to have are:

i) Upgrade to retail version and patch

ii) Get AnyDVD which fixes the HDCP issue altogether

I've spend a lot of money on my HTPC just to play BR/HD movies (HD movies fine though) and I can't justify spending another $80 just to play a legit BR movie

Any suggestions or the only way out are the 2 options I mentioned above?

Thanks for any input as I've scratched my hair out by now and can't get rid of that damn "HDCP error".

Dont know if this will help..I have the same problem and when I posted it elsewhere one of the suggestions was to try Arcsoft's TMT Seems like lot of people are having this same issue with that version of Power DVD. TMT seems to have fixed the issue for some of the posters

ALso at some point(u might have done this already) try to connect it directly to the PJ to make sure that the reciever is not at fault.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.