AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a samsung PN50A650T1FXZA and my xbox 360 is hooked up to it via hdmi. I have calibrated it with the 360 settings at rgb and reference at standard with ingame patterns but the deepest blacks look gray. How should i configure my 360 settings to do correct calibration on in game test patterns. One way i heard was to keep it on rgb and standard and change black level to low on the tv itself. I need help with this please.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
no, dont set it to rgb, it should be set to YCB709 and STANDARD for the colorspace and LOW on the TV, that will give the optimal settings. then you calibrate

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have tried it on 709 and standard but when i go to hdmi black level under the tv menu it is grayed out not allowing me to make an option so i guess that means it automatically is detecting the reference level is this correct?

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
yes thats correct, that is the most optimal settings for the xbox 360, i use that on both of my xbox 360s and the picture is stunning, colors pop and are vivid and blacks are bold. you should set it to what i told ya above and calibrate after that with DVE or whatever u got,

Make sure you set reference level to STANDARD, if you choose intermidiate or expanded your blacks will be horribly crashed and you will be loosing tons of detail in dark areas, trust me, i tried it
it makes the colors pop EVEN more but its not a correct setting

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought that most 360 games were made for rgb and you should use it to so it matches the source?

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
No, 709 is capable of providing more signal info throughout, you can ask other members, they either have it set to 709 or SOURCE, if u choose source the 360 will usually play games in RGB but you will have more vivid colors and higher contrast with 709, thats what iv been told before when i was researching like u for best settings and that what i have been told by everyone, i have 2 360s, both are set like that and the colors are very vivid and the graphics are really nice all around. no black crush or any bull like that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts