AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here is my story. I have a Sharp LC32D40U. I just hooked my Comcast cable box up to my TV.

Now, my DVD doesn't work. I get audio (L/R) but no video. I tried new cables with no success.

I tried the DVD using the red/white/yellow cables on another TV and it works. So I know it is the TV. I then tried to use these inputs for the cable box, and same problem.

On thing to note. The component cables do work the DVD video. But I have cables through my walls so it is not that easy to just run component for the DVD. Does running HDMI screw up the old school RCA cables or something?

· Premium Member
7,093 Posts
You may have incompatible HDMI problems. Sharp TVs have trouble with one DirecTV receiver too. If you try a yellow input, you might have to set the box to output 480i. Many source devices don't output HD and 480i simultaneously.

· Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is what I want to do. Have my cable box set to HDMI, and my prog scan DVD player to Input 1 or 2 (red/white/yellow). Is this possible?

Before I had my cable box set up with component cables and input 1 and 2 worked fine with the DVD player. This problem started when I went to HDMI for my cable box.

Like I said, my DVD player works with the component cables, but I'd have to rerun everything thru my walls.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.