AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Dont know if tis is the right place for this or not but here goes. I just bought a new Travel Trailer. It has eight speakers built in to the roof of it and has a nice Jensen head unit that is a AM/FM/CD/MP3 Jack. It did not come with a flatscreen TV but it has a nice cut out in the entertainment center for one to be wall mounted and also has the outlets and cable input right there so the wiring can be hidden. I am looking at installing a toshiba 22" lcd with the dvd player built in and would like to have the audio through the existing speakers in the trailer. I need your advice. The only audio in in the back of the Head unit is an auxilary input with a red and white left and right hole. The only output on the tv is either a headphone jack in the back or a coaxial digital out. Do I get a cable that plugs into the headphone jack and splits into the left and right? Or is there anything that exists that takes the digital coaxial and splits it into a left and right? I know that the cable exists to do the first, but how would the audio sound going from the headphone jack to the head unit? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
No analog out? The head phone jack is your best bet. Hard to believe the display does not have R/L output especially if it has a built in DVD player.

I see they put the headphone jack in the rear, so this effectively your analog L/R out as well. Cheap adapters readily available for that for sure.

I see it has an optical digital audio out. Normally that would be what you would want except in your case.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts