Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a HTPC with Radeon 800XL connected to a Panasonic 61lcx65 HDTV via DVI. I have Powerstrip and Catalyst 5.7 driver installed. I followed Tigerdave's guide on changing resolutions for several PC Games including UT2004. But the display always defaults to what the games defaults.

Please help. I searched this forum and others but couldnt find a solution.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am using Tigerdave's website as a guide. So far I tried UT2004, Far Cry and Unreal2. They show up fine in the default resolution but when I change the settings in the config file to 1280X720 it just doesnt take it. I made sure that I changed the correct entry in the file as specified by Tigerdave.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I followed the directions and got ut2004 aND far cry to run a custom resolution of 1176x664

to compensate for overscan on my 1280x720 DLP.

Don't know what might be tripping you up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe I am doing something wrong. HEre is what I did to try and change the resolution.

I set Powerstrip custom settings to 1280X720

I changed the resolution in the config files to 1280X720

I ran the game

The screen still shows up in a lower resolution...

Another thing I noticed is all these games have no option to change the resolution from the video settings menu.

Is my proceedure correct?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HT_Rocks
Maybe I am doing something wrong. HEre is what I did to try and change the resolution.

I ran the game

Another thing I noticed is all these games have no option to change the resolution from the video settings menu.

Have you checked and see if "Hide All Modes That This Monitor Cannot Display" under advanced>monitor setup is UNTICKED?

You also may have to create a custom monitor driver w/ PS....mike...

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HT_Rocks

I ran the game

Does the resolution in the config file change after trying to run the game at the custom resolution, or does it stay as you left it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MSmith83,

Interesting that you asked this, it did change for me atleast initially for UT2004. I set it to readonly after I saw that happenning.

miketech,

I didnt check if that was unticked I will do that and see if it helps.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
For Unreal engine games, try forcing a desired refresh rate by typing DesiredRefreshRate=60 (if your refresh rate is 60hz) underneath [D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice] in the .ini file.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MSmith83,

I made sure UT2004.ini was not read only. I also made sure the refreshreate settings was set to 60. When I run the game it changes the entry back to 848X480

When you guys run the game, do you see higher resolution options in the settings screen in the game?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.