AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed two Infinity ERS 110DT ceiling speakers (the DT stands for "Dual Tweeter") that I'm using for Left and Right surrounds.

These speakers have two sets of bindings on each speaker, in other words, a red/black push-clip on one side and an identical red/black push-clip on the opposite side. I only connected my wire to ONE of push-clips thinking that the bindings were duplicates. After thinking about it, I probably missed something. Should I have "jumpered" the black-black and red-red? The manual said nothing except to "run quality wire to each speaker and ensure that positive and negative are properly connected to your receiver."

The speakers work, but they do sound a bit "twangy". Advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicman1 /forum/post/15433527

I just installed two Infinity ERS 110DT ceiling speakers (the DT stands for "Dual Tweeter") that I'm using for Left and Right surrounds.

These speakers have two sets of bindings on each speaker, in other words, a red/black push-clip on one side and an identical red/black push-clip on the opposite side. I only connected my wire to ONE of push-clips thinking that the bindings were duplicates. After thinking about it, I probably missed something. Should I have "jumpered" the black-black and red-red? The manual said nothing except to "run quality wire to each speaker and ensure that positive and negative are properly connected to your receiver."

The speakers work, but they do sound a bit "twangy". Advice is appreciated.

I hate to bring you what I think is bad news.

If I'm correct you just installed two sets of stereo speakers. One of those spkrs. has two connections because it is in fact a single stereo spkr., good for use in small spaces like bathrooms. Please do verify this before reacting to my post.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Espo,

Looks like you are correct. From Infinity's website:

The ERS 110DT is a round 2-way, dual voice coil, dual tweeter in-ceiling stereo speaker for use in a wide variety of applications, from stereo and whole-house music systems to complete home theaters. This speaker is perfect for applications where stereo sound is required but there is only space for a single speaker.

Is this really "bad news"? What if I jumper the two connectors together in series and simply use the stereo speaker for a mono application? Could this do damage?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicman1 /forum/post/15434615

Espo,

Looks like you are correct. From Infinity's website:

The ERS 110DT is a round 2-way, dual voice coil, dual tweeter in-ceiling stereo speaker for use in a wide variety of applications, from stereo and whole-house music systems to complete home theaters. This speaker is perfect for applications where stereo sound is required but there is only space for a single speaker.

Is this really "bad news"? What if I jumper the two connectors together in series and simply use the stereo speaker for a mono application? Could this do damage?

I don't know how the speaker is wired inside. I don't see any reason to change the connection now. I say leave it alone. Maybe someone here can confirm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.