AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is actually only my second post on this forum, but I must say in my month of lurking I have found a wealth of knowledge. However even through searching old forum posts for the past day I have been unable to find a solution to my cable woes, so I humbly ask for your assistance in this matter.

I currently own an InFocus X2 projector. For the past year I have been watching video via a 30 ft. s-video-to-composite cable. After reading through the forums I discovered it was possible for my projector to accept video via component with the assistance of an adapter. A few weeks ago I purchased a m1-DA to component adapter which arrived yesterday. I hooked the M1-DA end into the projector, then proceeded to insert the component end into my Motorola DCT 6412 HDTV receiver, but was unable to get any picture. I then tried hooking the component cables to my Proton DVR / DVD Player to no avail. Finally I unhooked my fiance's APEX Dvd player and brought in upstairs to the HT and hooking the components to it produced no picture at all either.

I have tried every step listed on the InFocus website for hooking a component source to the X2 Projector, but nothing works. I am at a complete loss and near my wits end. Please, please, help.

Thank you,

Jason Smith

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Jason, component to Svideo adapter is for 480i signals only. You may wish to confirm that that's the signal (instead of progressive or HD) to your projector.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
The m1/component adapter only accepts progressive and hd signals. If you are connecting your hd box, make sure it is outputting 480p, 720p, or 1080i. For your dvd player, make sure you are enabling progressive output, which you usually need to switch on in a menu or through a switch/button on the player.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the replies ssj2 and Ja Phule. I finally figured out how in the menu to change my dvd to a progressive output, but I'm still unable to get a picture via the component cable. I'm about to give up and go for a VGA to component connection. Is it easier to connect via component using a VGA-to-component cable?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.