AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi hope someone can help with this. My trusty infocus screenplay 5700 (lamp 1600 hrs) seems to have developed a problem. When i turn it on it powers up apparently normally and the green light flashes. The lamp then glows dim for a short while and after a few moments tries to ignite to full brightness but then turns off. No warning lights appear but the projector tries to 'boot up' again if thats the right word but fails to each time. I have purchased an In78 replacement (ebay advertised currently from infocus store as refurbished but was told by store that they are now supplying brand new ones at 633 GBP + post-seems like a good buy to me if anyone is interested). Anyway hope someone can diagnose this because i would like to get the 5700 back into action again if possible.

best regards

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks very much Sheridan-will see if i can obtain a lamp for testing-do you know of a source for the bulb itself-i understand this can be changed without buying the whole lamp assembly

best regards

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
No. There are some in this forum who have, but I don't because the housing gets cooked over time so I've always opted for a total replacement.

The HUGE caveat is that you have to be absolutely sure that the lamp you buy is the exact replacement in all respects for the lamp that goes in there. I have seen some here and in other forums say they sell x wattage lamps but they are not specific as to anything that really counts. There is no such thing as a generic replacement in this field. The firing voltage, running voltage, focal length, etc., all have to be the same.

You might try and find someone in your area that has the same projector as you and ask to try his lamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timit /forum/post/14189673

thanks very much Sheridan-will see if i can obtain a lamp for testing-do you know of a source for the bulb itself-i understand this can be changed without buying the whole lamp assembly

best regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts