AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping someone might be able to help. I currently have 2 hr22's wired directly to home internet via cat5. Was looking to add an HR24. I already have another cat5 line in the room that it will be in. Since the other receivers are wired directly can't I just add this one as well? I currently use mrv and have no issues with either receiver. I just am confused about the DECA stuff. Do I need an adapter just for this receiver, or can I just plug in the Ethernet cord directly and be good to go? i have read that if I plug in the etherent directly and reset the receiver it should deactivate the internal DECA

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
You can use Cat5 with an HR24, and if you already are using ethernet for your system, it would probably be easiest to just go with that for this DVR as well. The HR24 has DECA built in, so if you went with DECA, you would need adapters for the 2 HR22s but not for the HR24. Also, if you plug an ethernet cable into an HR24 and subsequently try to use DECA, you have to repeat setup so the DVR recognizes you don't have ethernet and to reset the internal DECA circuitry.

SMK

1 - 2 of 2 Posts