AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 rows of can lights in my HT and I want to turn each of them on and off separately with my Harmony IR remote. i was looking at the IT Lutrons, but I am not sure (if I buy 3 sets of remote/switches) if I can program each switch to a different button or if all Lutrons use the same signal. Is there another easier option. I only need a system for these 3 switches.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro28 /forum/post/15537254

I have 3 rows of can lights in my HT and I want to turn each of them on and off separately with my Harmony IR remote. i was looking at the IT Lutrons, but I am not sure (if I buy 3 sets of remote/switches) if I can program each switch to a different button or if all Lutrons use the same signal. Is there another easier option. I only need a system for these 3 switches.

It sounds like you have 3 switches for these 3 can lights. If this is the case then you can use X10 wall switches and trigger those with your remote.

Check out the WS12A Wireless Wall Switch $19.99 on X10's site.

What type of light bulbs are you using?

If your remote can send RF signals then you could use a TM751 Transceiver $12.99 to receive the signals from your remote. If it only sends IR then you would need an X10 IR543 which of course is only line of sight...

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you out with.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Lutron's Spacer system will work for that purpose. The Lutron Maestro IR will work but all 3 dimmers will act as one, scene selection is not possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts