AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been trying to get IVS setup with a friend. Neither of us can see each others RTV - I'm connected via DSL, he has cable. We both have the same routers (Linksys) and the same ports set for forwarding. I can see other people's machines when I enter their address.

Can anyone give me any tips on what else may need to be done at the router to get IVS to work? My manual is all packed up and in storage 30 miles away, and the FAQ is down (cannot find server).

For whats it is worth, my ID is 00004-54988-73627. can someone see if they can add my machine?

Thanks

Ted

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Tried contacting your Replay...no response. It's definitely something on your end, as I just successfully sent a clip elsewhere a minute ago.

I wish I could offer more help, but I'm pretty new to this too. I remember I had to be sure I had a port (I believe 80) open in my router and also enabled DHCP. I'm a network newbie, so I'm not going to go any further.

Some other more informed user is sure to reply to this and help you out more.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by chain777
I wish I could offer more help, but I'm pretty new to this too. I remember I had to be sure I had a port (I believe 80) open in my router and also enabled DHCP.
You should have IVSPort forwarding from your router to your ReplayIP.

It is not a good idea to forward port 80 to your ReplayIP.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sfhub
You should have IVSPort forwarding from your router to your ReplayIP.

It is not a good idea to forward port 80 to your ReplayIP.
Can you elaborate on this. Like I said, I'm new to this and would like as much info as possible about IVS.

What do you mean by saying "it's not a good idea to forward port 80 to your ReplayIP?"

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wierd, just checked the RTV unit with a ping from my PC (both on the same side of the firewall) and could not find the RTV...

I unplugged the unit for a cold reboot and everything works now.... Doh!! I feel stupid now.....

Thanks!

T

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by chain777
Can you elaborate on this. Like I said, I'm new to this and would like as much info as possible about IVS.

What do you mean by saying "it's not a good idea to forward port 80 to your ReplayIP?"
If you forward port 80, folks on the net will be able to delete your shows

and other nice stuff, basically anything you could do with the remote

Replay Guide can be performed by someone on the Internet if you decide

to forward port 80 from your firewall to your replay.

The HTTP server on the IVSPort has a much limited set of functionality.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sfhub
If you forward port 80, folks on the net will be able to delete your shows

and other nice stuff, basically anything you could do with the remote

Replay Guide can be performed by someone on the Internet if you decide

to forward port 80 from your firewall to your replay.

The HTTP server on the IVSPort has a much limited set of functionality.
I 'think' I understand what your saying. I was mistaken about the port 80 issue; had it mixed up with something else I did. Anyway, I did make some changes to my router settings to beef up security.

Can you (or anyone) send me a clip so I can verify my Replay can still receive? I seem to be able to connect.

Thanks (00004-54831-41272)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.