AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up another Kenwood 400 disc changer and have been trying to daisy change it to my original one, which is now about 8 months old. I got it all hooked up running a Monster Video 3 and digital co-ax from player 2 to player 1. Then I came to the S link cable. The one that was included in the package was not long enough ( I need about 8 feet) so I bought a 6 ft extension from Recoton for $3 from Best Buy. I got it all hooked up and it worked fine....for a few days. On Saturday night I was watching Bio-Dome (don't ask why), which was playing out of player 2, and it worked just fine. I shut off the players for the night and then when I get up on Sunday morning I flip on the main player to watch UHF while I eat and it powers up just fine but I notice that player 2 didn't power on like it normally does. I manually turn on player 2 and notice that the remote will no longer allow me to activate it (by pressing Sub1 at the top of the remote). Also, on the display on each player which it tells which position that player is in (M = main, 1 = Sub 1, 2 = Sub 2) the box that is supposed to lite up to indicate that they are connected is not lite up. Both players are properly labeled, "M" for the first player and "1" for the second player but they are no longer talking to eachother. I checked all the connections at least 10 times and they are all hooked up properly. I unpluged player 2 from player 1 and plugged player 2 directly into the TV to make sure it was still working properly....and it is. Has anyone else had this problem? Nothing changed between the time I turned it off Saturday night and when I turned it on Sunday morning. I called Kenwood and they where no help at all (The rep told me I should be using an S-Video cable to get the best progressive scan picture on my HDTV instead of a Component Cable. :rolleyes: )

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.