AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Kenwood VR-309, and no manual. The PDF online is un-readable. Being a novice at this sort of thing, can someone help me install a HDTV and a DVD player using S type cables? Or point me to a readable manual, or just laugh at my problems. Anything would be help-ful.

Thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a VR-309 I just took out of my set-up. I still have the manual. What exactly to you need to know? The way I had mine set up was to run hdmi from the dvd player to the tv, then run an optical audio cable to the receiver. You'll get much better results using hdmi or component to the tv than you will with s-video. If you have any other questions about the 309 just pm me!

·
Registered
463 Posts
No laughing at ya, I still use a Kenwood VR207, which is even older.

Looking to upgrade this year, maybe, but using a new Samsung 61A750 tv and Sony BDPS350 BluRay player. Like Wraith, my connections are HDMI from the BluRay to the tv for video and optic cable from the BluRay to receiver for the audio so I get 1080p and DD5.1, best my setup is capable of. Agree that you should consider better connection than s-video. Any reason why not? Care to enlighten us to the model of HDTV and DVD player you're working with?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure of the model #, but a New Visio 32" 1080 HDTV, which has optic capabilities as does the 309. My dvd player is a RCA [I know, don't say anything], has a HDMI slot. Another question-other than speakers, any other connections? You can now see my lack of experience.

Thanks,

Phil

·
Registered
115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmosin /forum/post/15488416

Not sure of the model #, but a New Visio 32" 1080 HDTV, which has optic capabilities as does the 309. My dvd player is a RCA [I know, don't say anything], has a HDMI slot. Another question-other than speakers, any other connections? You can now see my lack of experience.

Thanks,

Phil

You have a PM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts