Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

First off, let me say that I know very little about HTPC so if my ignorance is obvious forgive me. Actually I don't have a HTPC but I'm thinking that someone here may be able to help.

I have a L300u and the new bravo DI DVI DVD player. There is a custom resolution mode on the D1 that will allow input of parameters to scale or output correctly to a display unit. The values to input are:

Horizontal Freq.-------------Vertical Freq.

Video Width------------------Video Height

HSyncTotal-------------------PreHSync

HSyncActive------------------PostHSync

VSyncTotal-------------------PreVSync

VSyncActive------------------PostVSync

HSyncPolarity----------------VSyncPolarity

What I am wondering is if anyone with a HTPC knows what values I could input (that's if these are the same values that are variable on a HTPC) to correctly display or sync with the 300u in wide600 or wide768 mode thru DVI. The values that I know from the manual (for wide600 {1072x600}) are the horz. freq=37.287, Vert. freq.=59.947, video width=960, and vid. height=540. The dot clock for this mode is 51.382.

I don't know if the other values can be extracted from the info above to work with the L300u's 960x540 native resolution panel or if anyone has first hand knowledge of these modes with the L300u, but any help would be appreciated. There are a lot of if's in my post so my hopes are low, but again, any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Darren

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
bump

·
Registered
589 Posts
Sorry DAT, I missed this thread. I posted in the 1:1 mapping thread relating to this also.

1:1 mapping thread, post #100

Hopefully, we can figure something out.

One thing I noticed this morning (funny how a nights' sleep can make you see things in a new light ;)) is that the Horizontal frequency and Vertical frequency are defaulted as 60000 and 7503. Upon first glance I thought they meant 60.000 KHz and 75.03 Hz. Maybe they are both in Hz and the values should be 60000 and 0075? I'll try that tonight (don't think so, but who knows).

Ken

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Baronken,

Hey, it's worth a shot, anything is at this point. Thanks for keeping me updated on this. I didn't know that the default values were listed when you go into the custom menu. I must of misread a post, but now that I know, I'll start to play around with the settings.

Also, could the pre and post sync values have something to do with the front and back porch settings that are listed with HTPC parameters at times? I thought about putting in the values listed for 1280x768 using these values but haven't tried it yet.

Thanks,

Darren

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yes, Front porch is PreSync, and Back porch is PostSync.

Where are you talking about the Powerstrip settings from?

Ken

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Baronken,

Almost forgot, there was also info on 960x518 via DVI as well. I'll look for this also, but this is a resolution not listed in the manual.

Darren

-I was just looking through the 1:1 HTPC thread and found this:

Here are the 856x480 Powerstrip settings. I only entered the resolution and refresh rate (60Hz) and didn't change anything else:

Pixel Clock 33.409 MHz

Horizontal:

Front Porch 24

Sync Width 88

Back Porch 96

Scan Rate 31.4 kHz

Vertical:

Front porch 1

Sync width 1

Back porch 45

Frame rate 59.582 Hz

Not sure if this is DVI or VGA though.

-Darren

·
Registered
589 Posts
I tried:

31400, 5958

856, 480

1064, 24

88, 96

527, 1

1, 45

1, 1

No joy.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'm beginning to think it is NOT the settings, but the D1 itself that is not outputting correctly.

I wonder if we converted the DVI to vga (with a transcoder?) would we get a picture?

Ken

·
Registered
589 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DAT
Baronken,

Almost forgot, there was also info on 960x518 via DVI as well. I'll look for this also, but this is a resolution not listed in the manual.

You find any info on Powerstrip settings using DVI?

We need people that have the Bravo and a pj other than the 300U to verify that the DVI Custom Settings menu actually changes the DVI signal (and changes it properly).

Ken

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Baronken

I wonder if we converted the DVI to vga (with a transcoder?) would we get a picture?
I have been using a DVI-to-VGA converter. I have tried changing the DVI Custom Settings, but the DVI output is still 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 852x480, and nothing else, even though the menu indicates "HD DVI out: Custom".

·
Registered
589 Posts
Erik,

Thanks for the info.

Ken

·
Registered
240 Posts
Pardon my ignorance

DVI output via HTPC for Pana AE 300 is supposed to be technically sharper/better than via VGA

I understand that there is problems with 1: 1 pixel mapping

** QN ....SO using the PANA AE 300, does VGA or DVI give a sharper quality . PLAYback is on a projector screen ( 70 by 70 ., but not decided whether I Should get a 16: 9 or 4: 3 screen )

·
Registered
753 Posts
I'm guessing that there hasn't been any more news to report on this?

I just bought a Panny L300u (yay!!!), but need to pick a DVD player (well, actually I need to finish the basement... But you know how that goes. The dining room wall works well though :) ).

Thanks!

CW

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.